Monday, September 7, 2009

Tommy's jumping accident


The day after St. Patrick's day, Tommy decided to jump on the tramp with the big kids, and landed wrong fracturing his leg below the knee. I guess his luck didn't last very long! We didn't realize he had even broken his leg until the next morning when he came downstairs. He always greets us with a "Hi Mom, Hi Dad, I slept good". This time he added, "I can't walk". He had crawled down the stairs and could not put any pressure on his leg. We took him to primary's and sure enough it was fractured. He had to wear a cast for 3 weeks. Of course he chose the color green (his favorite). I can't believe I don't have a picture of the green cast with all of the neighbor kids names on it. He was the neighborhood rockstar for a little while.

I was secretly hoping the cast would slow Tommy down because he is a little wild, but he cruised with that thing on. He scared me even more because now he had a weapon (his cast) everywhere he went. We were all trying to stay out of his way, because we didn't know where he would swing that leg and who would get wacked with it!

I was so impressed with Tommy's good spirits in spite of having to wear the cast for 3 weeks!
He really never complained. I think that he thrived on all the attention he was getting! Charlie was feeling left out, and I had to remind him, that he got to have the major head injury in November of few months ago. See, everyone gets their turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment