Baby Andie's Blessing Day
March 1, 2009
We had a wonderful day with family and friends, celebrating Andie's Blessing. Tony gave the sweetest blessing and even though he has such a quiet voice, I was able to hear him. I love blessing days, and seeing my husband use his priesthood, and all of the men that stand in a circle with him. I hope that Andie will live her life to receive all of the blessings she was given.
On a funny note, Andie is my first baby to completely poop during the entire blessing. My dad said they were all a little nervous with their hands on her bottom, because of the sounds that she was making. She didn't end up getting any poop on her gown at the church, but at home she had another stinker! That one managed to get on the raw silk gown that I paid too much for, of course! Here are a few photos of that. I just had to document the mustard poop phase, and I have to admit something equally gross.... I like the way her poopy diapers smell like popcorn. I call it "popcorn poop" and It doesn't stink to me at all! I know I'm a little weird.
On a funny note, Andie is my first baby to completely poop during the entire blessing. My dad said they were all a little nervous with their hands on her bottom, because of the sounds that she was making. She didn't end up getting any poop on her gown at the church, but at home she had another stinker! That one managed to get on the raw silk gown that I paid too much for, of course! Here are a few photos of that. I just had to document the mustard poop phase, and I have to admit something equally gross.... I like the way her poopy diapers smell like popcorn. I call it "popcorn poop" and It doesn't stink to me at all! I know I'm a little weird.
Andie's blowout
1st time going up the back and of course it was on her blessing gown of all things!
1st time going up the back and of course it was on her blessing gown of all things!
This was my last baby blessing! It was very bittersweet of course, but I love having special
occasions that bring all of my family and good friends under one roof to enjoy each other!
It is wonderful to have such support while Tony and I take on this journey in life with our children. Thanks for the many examples and acts of kindness that everyone shows us along the
way.
No comments:
Post a Comment